When we offer healing prayer on someone’s behalf, it is important in every case to be led by the Spirit of God. The following article explores seven of the ways to look at healing as taught in the Scriptures and how to receive healing:
Seven Ways to Receive Divine Healing
By Val Waldeck
There are many means and methods of ministering healing to the sick and suffering so it is important to be led always by the Spirit of God.
Here are seven ways to receiving healing as taught in the Scriptures:
1. Prayer. James 5:13,16 says if anyone is afflicted, let him pray. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful. It is good to seek the Lord first before turning to other means for help. Prayer accompanied by fasting is very powerful.
2. Laying on of hands. Scripture encourages the laying on of hands. The Bible says every believer has the “Life of God” in him or her and we may impart healing to others by this means. The quickening, life-giving power of God may be transmitted when hands are laid on the sick. Jesus felt “virtue” go out of Him when a little woman touched the hem of His garment. (Mark 5:29,30). Consider Hebrews 6:2, Mark 16:18, Mark 6:5, Luke 4:40, Luke 13:13, Acts 5:28.
3. Anointing with Oil. This method is explained in James 5:13-16. It is the duty of the sick to call for the Elders to anoint them with oil and it is the duty of the Elders to obey this scriptural injunction. Compare Mark 6:13. Oil in the scriptures is always symbolical of the Holy Spirit and clearly signifies the work of the Spirit in healing. (Acts 10:38).
4. A Point of Contact. Mention is made in Acts 19:11,12 of special miracles being wrought by Paul through the use of handkerchiefs and other items of clothing. God often uses simple means to inspire faith for healing. In one instance Peter’s shadow was the point of contact – Acts 5:15. The woman who touched the hem of Jesus’ garment received healing. The dead man who touched Elisha’s bones sprung back to life (2 Kings 13:14,20,21). The Communion Service is yet another example – 1 Corinthians 11:29-32.
5. The Written Word (the Bible). There is power of the Word of God, both written and spoken. It is a supernatural book with a supernatural anointing and when we speak His Word in faith mighty things happen. Compare Psalm 107:20, Jhn 6:63, Jeremiah 1:12, 1 Kings 8:56, Mathew 21:33m Mark 11:22-24.
6. Praise. The importance of praise can never be over-stressed. “God inhabits the praises of His people” (Psalm 22:3). This is a most powerful way of expressing your faith and trust in His Written Word and His Faithful Character. Praise the Lord for your healing, purchased two thousand years ago on Calvary. Appropriate the accomplished work and receive your healing.
7. Confess Your Healing. We must learn to take God at His Word. In the same way we “confess” our salvation and faith follows according to Romans 10:9, so the truth of God’s Holy Word works in us as we believe and confess it. Our confession, of course, must be subject to the sovereign Will of God for our lives. Faith to confess only comes when we know what God’s Will is.
Author, Bible Teacher and Conference Speaker http://valwaldeck.com – reaching our generation one book at a time http://pilgrimpublications.net – Online bookstore
Publisher of the CHRIST THE HEALER Audio Book, now available in MP3 download
Author of “Rushing to Armageddon”, compelling evidence for the Soon Return of Christ.